The Poetry Kit
short story, article, novel and misc
How to Enter Them - Beware of scams.
The information given here is for GUIDANCE ONLY. While every effort is made to ensure that it is accurate,
before entering any listed competition you should obtain full rules and an entry form from the organisers.
|30th November 2015||
H.E. Bates 2015 Competition
Write us a short story on the subject of your choice.
* The competition is open to all writers.
* Entries must be no longer than 2000 words.
* 1st Prize £500
* 2nd Prize £100
* 3rd Prize £50
* Special prize for the best story written by a Northamptonshire writer £50 (not awarded if the story has won 1st, 2nd, or 3rd prize)
* The entry fee is £6 for the first story submitted. It is reduced to £10 for any entry of 2 stories. Further stories have a fee of £5 each.
* Entrants are invited to submit as many stories as they wish, providing they have not been previously published or have been prize-winning entries in another competition.
* The judging panel will comprise members of the Northampton Writers Group. The Head Judge is Morgen Bailey, author, editor, creative writing tutor, and blogger. (https://morgenbailey.wordpress.com)
* Closing date for entries is Monday 30th November 2015
* Prizes will be awarded at a prize giving ceremony in January, date to be announced.
There is no entry form. Simply send your story or stories (typed please) with a first sheet giving your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and title of story or stories to H.E.Bates Competition, 19 Kingswell Road, Kingsthorpe, Northampton NN2 6QB. Please mark the envelope "f.a.o. Nick Hamlyn". Include a postal order or cheque (made out to N.Hamlyn).
Alternatively, you may e-mail your story in Word format, complete with a first page as described above, to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay by PayPal. In this case, we will invoice you on receipt of your entry.
Please note that stories will not be returned, so keep a copy!
|31st November 2015||
Ten stories will be selected by competition judge Kevin Barry (winner of 2013 International IMPAC Award) for publication in the 2016 Fish Anthology.
|5th February 2016||
Artificium SHORT STORIES
For stories between 2,000-8,000 words, in English. Any genre.
Prize pot of at least £100, to be shared between 1-4 runners up.
For writing between 500-1,000 words, in English. Includes poetry, flash fiction, and anything else.
Winner - £150
Prize pot of at least £100, to be shared between 1-4 runners up
All prize-winners in our competitions will be featured in Artificium.
Closing date: 5th February 2016
Entry fees: £5 UK residents/£6 International