- Criminal Intent
- After a few glasses of bloodblack wine I
- thinking of your words, running
- Through them like a song that wonít
- Or trying to catch milk with my fingers,
- That slide into the cracks, even when
- I wake up remembering
- There were people named
- And Small-Thing-Must-Amuse-Me
- Dreams of rich and deadly smoke, sitting
- At a table listening to SBI
- Stories in a fern bar, a chain
- Restaurant and a stranger trying
- To impress me with death and unanswered
- While my lips grow shadowred
- Between his words and slick smiles
- You twist through my mind. In dreams, I
- That you are more than a knot in the
- I can trick you with slight of hand, love
- Though, and believe.
- Suspect, I donít know
- The dark corners you hide in, dust
sprinkled or pine sol
- Haze, a poisonous clean. Across from me
- He looks into my eyes like high school
- Permanent records, and still doesnít see
- You. Fugitive love, on the lam from
- My heart, you stole cars and nights
- With equal aplomb.
- I promise not to fink.
- I am your punk, your bitch
- And the bars taste sweet
- When youíre behind me.